Printing Equipment Inspection Services
When purchasing pre-owned printing equipment, knowing the condition of the printing equipment is hard to determine from just photographs. Dixie Reproduction offers printing equipment inspection as part of our selling process. The following is what all our printing equipment inspection services include.
To help you with your purchase, Dixie can provide you with the following services:
- Accompany you on the press demonstration and inspection.
- When you accept the press register sheets, Dixie will keep several production samples from the test demonstration to enable us to match the final production set-up on your floor. We make several breakaway runs to check the cylinder surfaces for damage or low areas.
- We inspect grippers, water and ink rollers, in-feed mechanism, delivery chains and chain sprockets, receding stacker lowering mechanism, and other general press functions listed on our inspection report.
- We can do this same inspection on your behalf. You will be supplied with a video of this inspection, along with press samples and a copy of our inspection report.
If there is press running time between the date of the original press inspection and the press removal date, the following procedure is followed prior to removal:
- The mechanic will re-check the registration of the press. The plates from this final run can be left on the press for your acceptance.
- The mechanic will re-check the cylinder breakaways to insure that no damage has been done to the press during the waiting and delivery period.
- The mechanic will re-check the electrical sequence and console to make certain no change has taken place in the circuitry.
When dismantling the press, the mechanic will note parts which show excessive wear and recommend replacement. This list will be provided to you by email. The decision for parts replacement is up to the purchaser, as these parts and labor will be charged in addition to the installation.
If new damage is found during the mechanic’s final inspection, the following options will apply:
- The owner has the option to repair the damage, bringing the press to the same condition found during the press inspection.
- If the damage is severe, such as cylinder or gear damage, the press order may be cancelled, and the purchaser’s deposit will be immediately refunded by the owner.
Dixie Reproductions specializes in selling new printing equipment and buying and selling used printing equipment. We have the ability to arrange for the shipment of your new or pre-owned printing equipment to be shipped international or domestically. We also provide some services including turn-key installations, plant moves, printing equipment storage, printing equipment cleaning, and printing equipment inspection. If you are looking for new or pre-owned printing equipment or wanting to sell your printing equipment, contact Dixie Reproductions by calling Toll-Free 1-800-627-0635, Local 615-382-6311, or Filling Out Our Sell Your Equipment Form or Contact Form.